Make Your Business an Official Part of the South Coast
For Membership assistance:
Contact: 039 682 7944 or E Mail: email@example.com
Mandatory Annual Registration
On the 13th May 2004 in accordance with the Kwa Zulu Natal Tourism Authority Amendment Act, 2002 legislation was promulgated making registration with TKZN mandatory for all tourism establishments and tourism operators. A minimum requirement on the TKZN registration is that your business is registered with a local CTO – that is South Coast Tourism.
Any tourism establishment or operator failing to comply and to be found guilty by the Authority for having contravened the regulations may be liable for a fine not exceeding R 10 000.00 and/or suspension for a period not exceeding 3 years.
R 360.00 including Vat is payable annually.
All Inclusive Benefits
Inclusion in the Likeable Local – a comprehensive list of service providers, things to do and seasonal events. Printed a minimum of twice per year.
- A listing on the South Coast Tourism Website (INSERT WEBSITE NAME)
- A listing on the South Coast Tourism Webpage on the TKZN website. www.zulu.org.za
- The opportunity to display your brochures at our 8 Tourism offices from Scottburgh to Port Edward.
- The opportunity to display the South Coast Tourism membership logo in your establishment and within your marketing material.
Marketing Partnership Programme
All Members have the opportunity to piggy back onto a wide range of national and international marketing initiatives conducted by South Coast Tourism.
- Take part in print and electronic media campaigns.
- Display your marketing material at more than 4 domestic trade shows annually.
- Host local and foreign media at your venue.
- Register on the e mail forum to receive updates and enquiries.
Seasonal Events Programmes
Legal & Regulatory Updates
In Which Category Do I Register?
The South Coast Tourism database is the most comprehensive listing of local tourism service providers. It is made up of 17 categories ranging from travel, accommodation, tour operators to businesses, activities and dining facilities for visitors to access whilst visiting our region. Each membership fee entitles you to register in one category.
Note: It is important to take note of these guidelines for the registration of tourism establishments and tourism operators. Failure to comply will result in Ugu South Coast Tourism rejecting your application.
- A completed and signed registration form for each sub category in which you wish to register. ( DOWNLOAD PDF)
- A signed code of conduct ( DOWNLOAD PDF)
- Annual Proof of Payment of R 360.00 for Businesses and R 120.00 for Friends of Tourism.
- Proof of Business License
- Certificate of Registration from the Registrar of Companies for cc’s and pty ltd businesses.
- In the case of partnerships and sole proprietors a declaration form must be signed and sent back to our offices, (DOWNLOAD PDF)
- Where applicable proof from your local municipality must be provided as well as a trading license.
- Proof of Public Liability Insurance
- Proof of registration for PAYE, VAT, Business Levies and Valid Tax Clearance Certificates may be required.
Please Provide As Much Detail As Possible To Describe Your Organization And/or Services Including Capacities, Grading, Special Awards And Field Of Specialization.
Completed Applications And Supporting Documentation Must Be Sent To:
Ugu South Coast Tourism Head Office
16 Bisset Street
Tel 039 682 7944
The Tourism Office
Tel 039 976 1364
Payment Must Be Made To:
Ugu South Coast Tourism (Pty) Ltd
Postnet Suite # 412
Private Bag X 709
Vat Registration: 457 0253 569
Branch Public Sector Kwa Zulu Natal
Branch Code 632005
Account Number 407 403 6586
A valid tax invoice will be sent once all documentation is received.
NB: Other Relevant Information Required Where Applicable.
- If you intend to offer liquor to your guests whether it is a welcome complimentary drink or for sale, you will require a liquor license.
- Each Television requires a Business Television License.
- Any establishment offering DSTV or MNet needs to have a business subscription from Multichoice. This is for EACH point connected to a decoder. One is able to supply a cabled point to guest rooms for no additional charge providing the guest supplies their own decoder and card. Various Bouquet packages are available.
- If you intend to play background music, provide radio alarms or have a TV in a room you will require a South African Music Rights Organisation license. www.samro.org.za
- Non Smoking signs are to be displayed and specified designated and compliant smoking areas must be indicated.
- Municipal Blue and White establishment signage is available via firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 039 682 0124
- Brown Provincial Signage is available via email@example.com. Call 039 682 0124 ONLY to establishments that are Tourism Grading Council of SA, AA or Portfolio approved.