Make Your Business an Official Part of the South Coast Please click on the link to download the form: Membership Registration Form
For Membership assistance:
Contact: 039 682 7944 or E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Inclusive Benefits
Inclusion in the Likeable Local – a comprehensive list of service providers, things to do and seasonal events. Printed a minimum of twice per year.
- A listing on the South Coast Tourism Website
- A listing on the South Coast Tourism Webpage on the TKZN website. www.zulu.org.za
- The opportunity to display your brochures at our 8 Tourism offices from Scottburgh to Port Edward.
- The opportunity to display the South Coast Tourism membership logo in your establishment and within your marketing material.
Marketing Partnership Programme
All Members have the opportunity to piggy back onto a wide range of national and international marketing initiatives conducted by South Coast Tourism.
- Take part in print and electronic media campaigns.
- Display your marketing material at more than 4 domestic trade shows annually.
- Host local and foreign media at your venue.
- Register on the e mail forum to receive updates and enquiries.
- Seasonal Events Programmes
- Legal & Regulatory Updates
In Which Category Do I Register?
The South Coast Tourism database is the most comprehensive listing of local tourism service providers. It is made up of different categories ranging from travel, accommodation, tour operators to businesses, activities and dining facilities for visitors to access whilst visiting our region. Each membership fee entitles you to register in one category.
It is important to take note of these guidelines for the registration of tourism establishments and tourism operators. Failure to comply will result in Ugu South Coast Tourism rejecting your application.
- A completed and signed registration form for each sub category in which you wish to register.
Please click on the link to download the form: Membership Registration Form
- A signed code of conduct
- Annual Proof of Payment of R 360.00 for Businesses and R 120.00 for Friends of Tourism.
- Proof of Business License
- Certificate of Registration from the Registrar of Companies for cc’s and pty ltd businesses.
- In the case of partnerships and sole proprietors a declaration form must be signed and sent back to our offices.
- Where applicable proof from your local municipality must be provided as well as a trading license.
- Proof of Public Liability Insurance
- Proof of registration for PAYE, VAT, Business Levies and Valid Tax Clearance Certificates may be required.
Mandatory Annual Registration
On the 13th May 2004 in accordance with the Kwa Zulu Natal Tourism Authority Amendment Act, 2002 legislation was promulgated making registration with TKZN mandatory for all tourism establishments and tourism operators. A minimum requirement on the TKZN registration is that your business is registered with a local CTO – that is South Coast Tourism.
Any tourism establishment or operator failing to comply and to be found guilty by the Authority for having contravened the regulations may be liable for a fine not exceeding R 10 000.00 and/or suspension for a period not exceeding 3 years.
Please Provide As Much Detail As Possible To Describe Your Organization And/or Services Including Capacities, Grading, Special Awards And Field Of Specialization.
Completed Applications And Supporting Documentation Must Be Sent To:
Ugu South Coast Tourism Head Office:
16 Bisset Street
Tel: 039 682 7944
The Tourism Office
Tel: 039 976 1364
NB: Other Relevant Information Required Where Applicable.
- If you intend to offer liquor to your guests whether it is a welcome complimentary drink or for sale, you will require a liquor license.
- Each Television requires a Business Television License.
- Any establishment offering DSTV or MNet needs to have a business subscription from Multichoice. This is for EACH point connected to a decoder. One is able to supply a cabled point to guest rooms for no additional charge providing the guest supplies their own decoder and card. Various Bouquet packages are available.
- If you intend to play background music, provide radio alarms or have a TV in a room you will require a South African Music Rights Organisation license. www.samro.org.za
- Non Smoking signs are to be displayed and specified designated and compliant smoking areas must be indicated.
- Municipal Blue and White establishment signage is available via email@example.com. Call 039 682 0124
- Brown Provincial Signage is available via firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 039 682 0124 ONLY to establishments that are Tourism Grading Council of SA, AA or Portfolio approved.
Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs
As you know the Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is implementing its tourism registration system within the provincial tourism act.
This registration requires tourism related businesses within certain compulsory registration categories (information packs on this requirement can be attained from Maxwell at Ugu SCT) register with EDTEA- the fee is R150 per annum.
Part of each registration submission includes:
1) Proof of membership of a tourism association (Ugu SCT) which needs our membership certificate (upon payment of membership fees) as proof and:
2) Authorisation from the local authority (i.e. municipality) to conduct business.
This communication is to inform members that we request that within 2 months of this communication date, Ugu SCT members who conduct business within the Edtea compulsory categories register with Edtea and provide Maxwell with copy of Edtea certification for our files.
Once this period has lapsed, we in the interests of those tourism practitioners who are compliant and within legislation are going to enter into a process whereby Edtea will be notified of non registered enterprises whereupon they can action processes in terms of the act.
I trust that all members who need to register will take this communication seriously as we want to ensure that our destination and its service providers have the creditability well beyond other destinations in our province.
Please convey any enquires to Maxwell Mhlongo on email@example.com or download the EDTEA registration pack, click on links below to download: Tourism Business renewal registration form Tourist Guide Registration Form latest Tourism Business registration forms new registration